Your shoes play a key role in both the spread and prevention of infection. You wear them between patient rooms within the hospital, as well as out in public and into your home (if you aren't changing out of your shoes before and after shifts). By keeping them clean, not only are you keeping yourself safe, but your friends, family and patients too. Here is how to keep your Gales shoes clean, both at work and outside of work:
FOR 3 SECOND CLEANING DURING SHIFTS
- Wipe your Gales top to bottom with a disinfecting wipe.
- That’s it!
- Same as at work, bleach wipe top to bottom and you’re all set!
- Scrub off any visible dirt and grime with an old toothbrush or cloth.
- Wipe down your Gales with a disinfecting wipe.
- That’s it!
FOR DEEP CLEANING -FOR THOSE DAYS THAT ARE MORE THAN JUST "A LITTLE" MESSY
- Remove your Ortholite® insoles. Machine wash on cold and let air dry.
- Scrub off visible dirt and grime with an old toothbrush or cloth.
- Mix a 1:10 bleach solution (1 part bleach, 9 parts water).
- Fully submerge your Gales in the solution. Let soak for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly to prevent skin irritation.
- Let sit in a cool, well ventilated area. Do not leave your Gales in the sun or warping may occur.
- In the meantime, kick your feet up and relax. You've earned it!