Official #Gales4Nurses Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO HOLD A CURRENT COMMON NURSING CERTIFICATION (AS DEFINED HEREIN). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. SPONSOR: Gales, Inc. with offices located at 1919 Pacific Highway, #704, San Diego, CA 92101 United States (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: The #Gales4Nurses Contest is offered only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and who hold a current Common Nursing Certification (as defined herein) (each an “Eligible Entrant”). Any individual (including but not limited to employees, consultants, independent contractors and interns) who has, within the past six (6) months, held employment with or performed services for Sponsor or any organizations affiliated with the sponsorship, fulfillment, administration, prize support, advertisement or promotion of the Contest are not eligible to enter or win (collectively “Released Parties”) and their family members and persons living in the same households of such individuals are not eligible to participate in any Contest. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
“Common Nursing Certification” means a current, valid, and active certification with the organizations listed at https://nurse.org/articles/nursing-certifications-credentials-list/. “Nurse” means an individual who has a Common Nursing Certification, and is otherwise eligible to enter this Contest.
3. PROMOTION PERIODS: Sponsor may offer the opportunity to enter the #Gales4Nurses (“Contest”) at https://www.weargales.com/pages/gales4nurses (collectively, the “Site”). The Contest shall start and end at or around the time specified at the Site (the "Promotion Period"). All entries must be received at the Site during the Promotion Period to be eligible to win a prize.
4. HOW TO ENTER A CONTEST: To enter you must do all of the following: (a) upload a 30-120 second video on your own personal SMA Account (as defined herein), tag @weargales, and use the hashtag #Gales4Nurses in the caption, and in your video tell us: (i) if you are a Nurse nominating yourself, what does being a Nurse mean to you; and (ii) if you are nominating a Nurse that is not yourself, why you would like to recognize the Nurse you are nominating; and (b) upload a 250-500 word essay on your own personal SMA Account, tag @weargales, and use the hashtag #Gales4Nurses in the caption, and in your essay: (i) if you are a Nurse nominating yourself, share a story about how you have impacted a patient’s life or how a patient has impacted yours; and (ii) if you are nominating a Nurse that is not yourself, share a story about the impact the Nurse you are nominating has had on your life or on their patient’s lives; and (c) submit your video, essay, SMA Account handles, and contact information as directed on the Site (collectively, an “Entry”), at which point you may become an “Entrant” in that particular Contest. Limit one (1) Entry per person. Any attempt to submit more than the stated number of entries may void all entries. “SMA Account” means your own personal and public (i.e. not set to private) account on TikTok, Instagram, or YouTube. If submitting via TikTok or Instagram Reels, please shoot the video in a vertical format. If submitting via YouTube or Instagram TV, please shoot the video in a horizontal format. If you do not follow all the entry procedures, including without limitation the requirement that your SMA Account by public, your Entry may be rejected.
5. ENTRY STANDARDS. By submitting the Entry, you represent and warrant that (a) the Entry is an original work by you; (b) you have the right to submit the Entry; (c) all individuals depicted in the Entry have agreed in writing that Entrant may submit such Entry, and Sponsor may request same in writing at any time; (d) no third party has an interest or right in the Entry or the materials therein; (e) the Entry has not been previously published, released or distributed in any form, and has not won any award; (f) you hold (or the Nurse you are nominating, to your knowledge, holds) a current, valid, and active Common Nursing Certification; (g) you have not and will not use the Entry for or in connection with any other promotion; (h) your Entry will not contain any identifiable patient information or PHI (as defined under HIPAA); and (h) you are not (nor have you worked with parties in conjunction with the Entry who are): 1) represented under contract (e.g., by a talent agent or similar) that would limit or impair Sponsor’s ability to display the Entry in any media form; 2) subject to a contract that would make entrant’s/their appearance in the Entry a violation of any third-party rights; or 3) under any other contractual relationship, including but not limited to union memberships, that may prevent Sponsor from being able to use the Entry.
7. PRIZES. Sponsor shall award: (a) one (1) grand prize of a “lifetime supply” (as explained below) of Gales shoes redeemable through the Gales website only; and (b) seven (7) second place prizes of “one year supply” (as explained below) each of Gales shoes redeemable though the Gales website only (each, a “Prize”) for the Contest. All Prizes must be redeemed through the Gales website only, and may not be used or redeemed through any other means. All winners will receive their own unique code to redeem their Prizes on the Gales website. Be careful with this code, as you’ll be responsible for all purchases made using it. Prizes may only be shipped to your address in the United States. ALL TAXES ARE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. All amounts are in US Dollars.
8. APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV), AND ODDS OF WINNING: The ARV of the grand prize is $3,598.00, and the ARV of each of the other prizes is $179.90. If you have questions regarding any Prize, please contact Sponsor at email@example.com. The odds of winning will depend on the number of Entries submitted for that Contest. Limit one (1) Prize per person, per household. Prizes are for your own personal use, and not resale. All amounts are in US Dollars.
9. HOW LIFETIME SUPPLY AND ONE YEAR SUPPLY IS CALCULATED: By our calculations, the average career of a nurse is 20 years, and the average nurse goes through 2 pairs of shoes a year at work. For our grand prize winner, that works out to a maximum of forty (40) pairs of Gales shoes. For our other winners, that works out to a maximum two (2) pairs of Gales shoes. It’s amazing if your career spans a longer time period, but in no event may you receive more than the number of Gales shoes set forth in this section. You may find that you go through shoes more quickly than our estimates, but we hope you’ll find Gales to be longer-wearing vbcthan other shoes. We wish everyone long and abundant lives and careers, but these prizes are not transferable or assignable to heirs or others.
10. AWARD OF PRIZE: Following the end of the Promotion Period, an impartial panel of judges to be selected by Sponsor (the “Judging Panel”) will select the winners based on the following criteria: (i) artistic merit and quality – composition and merit of video and essay; (ii) creativity and originality - considering the representation and essence of the Contest theme as well as the unique and novel approach to the Contest; (iii) adherence to the these rules and responsiveness to the prompt; and (iv) overall impact of Entry materials (the “Criteria”). All decisions of the Judging Panel are final on all aspects of the Contest. If your Entry is chosen, you will be deemed a potential winner of the Prize, pending confirmation and/or verification of your eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. The winner must submit an original video file of the submission, as well as a headshot or high quality photo of them at work. Sponsor’s decisions are final and binding with respect to all matters relating to the Contest. Except where prohibited, if you do not respond within five (5) business days of being notified of your potential win, you may, in Sponsor’s discretion, forfeit your Prize. Before awarding a Prize, Sponsor may require you to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under these Official Rules, and you must execute a document confirming your eligibility, granting Sponsor a license to your Entry, releasing Sponsor from liability, and otherwise confirming your compliance with these rules. If you are found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, decline to accept the Prize, decline to execute the winner’s release, Sponsor is unable to contact you, or in the event that the Prize or notification thereof is returned undeliverable, you will forfeit the Prize, and Sponsor may, in compliance with applicable law, select an alternative potential winner at random from the pool of all eligible Entrants. Except as prohibited by applicable law, if you do not fully claim your Prize before December 31, 2023 (December 31, 2041 for the grand prize winner), it shall be null and void and have no value. The right to receive a Prize is non-assignable, non-transferable and no prize substitution, exchange or cash equivalent will be allowed, except by Sponsor who reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value (or cash equivalent) in case of unavailability of prize or force majeure. All prizes will be awarded. Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are your sole responsibility. The Prize is awarded AS IS and without any warranties of any kind.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and the Released Parties are not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable Entries or Prize notifications; or for any failures, delays, or misdeliveries of the postal system, computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, typographical, or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, third party fraud, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor and the Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, or technical error. If, for any reason, an Entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or otherwise destroyed, corrupted or for any other reason not accepted as an Entry into a particular Contest, your sole remedy is to submit another Entry into the Contest. If, for technical reasons, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. IN NO EVENT SHALL SPONSOR’S TOTAL CUMULATIVE LIABILITY UNDER THESE RULES EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
12. BINDING NATURE, WAIVER, INDEMNIFICATION: By entering a Contest, you agree: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and by all applicable laws and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be binding and final; (b) to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to these Official Rules; (c) to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of Sponsor or the Released Parties in connection with the Site or any Contest; and (d) to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of Sponsor and the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys’ fees) that may arise in connection with: (i) the Site, or any Contest, including but not limited to your participation or inability to participate in any Contest, (ii) typographical or printing errors in these Official Rules or any Contest materials, (iv) any change in any Prize (or any components thereof) due to unavailability, or due to reasons beyond Sponsor’s control, (v) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of any Contest, (vi) human error, (vii) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any Entry, (viii) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of the Site or any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by Sponsor, any of the Released Parties or by you, (ix) interruption or inability to access the Site or any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (x) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (xi) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged Entries, (xii) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, (xiii) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed Prizes (or any element thereof), or (xiv) the negligence or willful misconduct by you. The Contest and Official Rules shall be governed by the state of Colorado.
14. GENERAL: In the event of any conflict with any details contained in these Official Rules and details contained on the Site, the details set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail. Sponsor reserves the right, to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Site or any Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. The use of automated entry, computer generated entries, mass entries, or any automated entries is prohibited and all entries submitted by such individual shall be void. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
15. WINNERS’ LIST. For a list of prize winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to: “The #Gales4Nurses Winner List”, Gales, Inc. 1919 Pacific Highway, #704, San Diego, CA 92101. Requests received after September 30th, 2021 will not be honored.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA ACCOUNTS; THIRD PARTIES: This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with any social media platform through which it is promoted, including without limitation Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitter, or Linked-In (collectively, “Third Party Accounts”). You hereby release all Third Party Accounts of any liability associated with this Contest. You understand that you are providing your contest information to Sponsor, and not just to the applicable Third Party Account.