The Director of Direct-to-Consumer Marketing will drive omnichannel marketing programs for Gales. Responsible for increasing revenue and advertising efficiency. Key objectives include maximizing new consumer acquisition levels and maintaining high levels of consumer retention. Leads team with expertise in marketing channels, optimizing core KPIs (CPA, LTV, CVR, etc.), and analytics. The team currently consists of mainly third-party contractors however the expectation is for the right candidate to be instrumental in building a best-in-class internal omnichannel team for Gales. This role will also drive and execute digital marketing tactics from initiation to implementation with emphasis on paid social, paid search, email and analytics. In addition, they will be responsible for developing and implementing digital marketing strategy, promotions, and partnership opportunities that achieve and complement company goals and objectives, as well as explore and drive new digital channels including programmatic, affiliate, referral, etc.
Gales is a typical early-stage startup and daily work, therefore, involves the typical challenges and opportunities characteristic of startups. The successful candidate is expected to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, be willing to roll up their sleeves to do the work, and thrive on adversity and challenges.
This role is full-time and requires hands-on day-to-day optimizations.
- Build and execute a clear and concise D2C marketing roadmap
- Evaluate and optimize current marketing channels (Paid Search, Paid Social, Amazon, etc.)
- Set up D2C marketing strategy to drive acquisition and retention of customers
- Gather consumer insights to identify personas, segmentations, and opportunities
- Develop specific campaigns to create and maintain high levels of customer engagement
- Manage and improve customer audience growth (email subscribers, abandoned carts, repeat purchasers)
- Liaise with Senior Leadership to influence design decisions, marketing materials, activations, and customer-facing communications
- Develop D2C strategies & campaigns to forecast sales performance trends and increase awareness and market share, while balancing customer satisfaction and target CPA goals
- Monitor competition and provide ideas to differentiate Gales
- Develop Gales identity, its unique value proposition, and presence over digital channels
- Manage all digital marketing channels (e.g. website, blogs, digital advertising platforms, and social media) to ensure brand consistency and effective conversions
- Effectively track CPA, LTV, and other core KPIs to manage the overall marketing budget
- Work with Senior Leadership to develop and periodically update Gales' marketing strategy, plans, and budgets
- Identifying resourcing needs together with Leadership, creating job descriptions and tasks lists, and leading the hiring process for any new marketing personnel, whether internal or external
- Manage third-party resource contractual relationships and negotiate/renegotiate terms based on Gales' needs and third-party performance
- Identify needs and make recommendations to Leadership on marketing platforms and tools.
- Work with customer services to mitigate or react to issues impacting the customer experience.
- Stay up to date with digital technology developments
- Minimum 4-5 years experience in D2C marketing
- College Degree in Marketing, Digital Media or relevant fields
- Experience in building marketing strategy from research, brand positioning, and executing strategy
- Demonstrable experience in designing and implementing successful Digital Marketing Campaigns
- Proven results in driving program to increase customer acquisition, retention, and lifecycle
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
- Solid knowledge of online marketing tools and best practices
- Experience with SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, Shopify, Amazon, Klaviyo, and loyalty programs
- Familiarity with user experience, optimization, and brand positioning
- High competence in analytical, project, and stakeholder management
- Strong team management and communication (written and verbal) skills
- Proven ability to manage budgets
- Ability to work independently with good time management skills and prioritization
- Structured and willing to adapt and take on new responsibilities and challenges
- Can handle uncertainty and rapid changes to organization and role
- Outgoing personality who enjoys solving early-stage growth challenges
- Passionate about digital and D2C marketing, researching and showcasing knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
Closed: This job has been filled.