With Mother's day right around the corner and many scrambling to find a last-minute gift (don't worry... we're guilty of it too), we put together a list of our favorite gifts that you can get for the healthcare worker(s) in your life by May 14th.
For the Sentimental Mom:
- You can never go wrong with a bouquet of flowers and a handwritten card. UrbanStems has a wide variety of bouquets available that you can still get delivered in time for Mother's Day.
- If your mom loves to light a candle after a long day of work (who doesn't?) this candle from Homesick will make her smile, thinking of you every time she strikes a match.
For the Mom who Spends All Day on Her Feet:
- Moms spend so much of their time supporting others, from their families to their patients. They deserve shoes that support them throughout the entirety of their 12+ hour shifts. Gales+® Frontline Work Shoes provide all day comfort, are slip resistant, antimicrobial and easy to clean.
- While they are only available for pre-order right now and won't make it to your doorstep in time for Mother's Day... we think the Gales+® Pro Line Work Shoes are worth the wait. They provide all of the same benefits as the Frontline with increased breathability and can accommodate wider feet.
- What's better than a pair of Gales+®? A pair of Gales paired with compression socks. Compression socks increase circulation, reduce inflammation and reduce muscle recovery time (among many other benefits) Our favorite are the Gales+® x Comrad Compression Socks available in both ankle and knee high styles.
- Hydration is essential for moms who are constantly on their feet. A water bottle that will keep their water col throughout their entire shift will help aid in their hydration. Bonus points if it has a straw lid (so you can consume more water in less time). Hydroflask, Yeti and Stanley are a few popular options.
For the Mom in Need of an Upgrade to her Uniform:
- When it comes to giving a gift to a healthcare worker, you can never go wrong with a new stethoscope. Littman has stethescopes available at a variety of price points, to fit any budget.
- As a healthcare worker, you can never have too many pairs of scrubs. A few of our favorite brands are Jaanuu, FIGS and Medelita.
- Goggles aren't the most fashionable accessory to the work uniform, but Stoggles solves that problem. You're bound to find a style your mom will like.
For the Mom who Needs More Self-Care in Her Life:
- We all need some assistance regulating stress sometimes. That's where your vagus nerve comes in. The vagus nerve activates our body's relaxation response. This pillow mist from Osea creates a calming atmosphere to help you calm down when you get into bed after a stressful shift.
- Sephora has a variety of gift sets available both online and in-store that make the perfect gift for Mother's Day. The options range from perfumes, to hair care, skin care and even body care.